I was blessed to be a part of this amazing #MOMBOSS event today at Bloomingdales at the Short Hills Mall!, sponsored by HipNJ and NJ Family Magazine. I was inspired by fellow women, moms and business owners in a way that is making me excited to think about this practice that I have grown from it’s infancy, and where I want to go next.
The event was coordinated by Maria Falzo, founder of HipNJ, and panelists consisted of Cheldin Barlatt, Rumor, Danielle Forte, Mallika Malhotra and Priya Virmani.
As each mom spoke, I made a list of wise words to review again and again in those moments for when I feel uninspired and discouraged. I’m going to share that advice with you:
- Your business is for your fulfillment, and that good and okay. You’ve given to your family for several years before you get to this point. It’s okay if want to pursue a business, your passion because it makes you feel happy.
- No two days are alike. The juggling is real, and sometimes, it’s ugly. Being a mom and a mom-preneur is a full-time, back-and-forth act that requires patience and a miracle (at times)
- Mommy guilt – there’s a lot of it that we feel on a daily basis, but we are setting an example of our children of what it is to have a passion and a dream and to go after it.
- We always think “How is my business going to affect everyone else?” meaning our spouses, children and our friends, but sometimes, it’s okay if we come first
- Accept the help – you cannot be everything to everyone. Set up your tribe of support and don’t feel guilty.
- You have to learn how to delegate – you can’t do it all and it won’t be as good as you would have it, but it gets done!
Once again, thank you for renewing my creativity!