School is out and summer is finally here! Summer is a perfect time to embrace life and have fun! This summer, I am giving my bucket list a twist..
I am creating a Mindfulness Summer Bucket List with my family to highlight small pleasures of summer and enjoying family time.
What is a bucket list?
A bucket list is a range of activities from small to big that you want to accomplish. A Mindfulness Bucket List focuses on the small pleasures of life and help ground you in the present moment. I always kick off summer by jumping into the pool fully clothed! Be silly and embrace life. Making memories with the kids. Not only will this make your family happier, you will be building an appreciation for life and the small things in your children. Bucket lists do not have to cost a thing. A Mindfulness Bucket List should be a guide, not another thing to complete and check off. My mantra for the summer is Play More & Be Present More This Summer!
Mindfulness Bucket List:
- Dance in the Rain (of course, with no thunder and lightening)
- Walk on a beach at night feeling the wet cold sand with the waves coming ashore
- Jump into a pool fully dressed 🙂
- Sit on a blanket and listen to all the sounds
- Watch all the clouds in he sky or stars finding different pictures
- Catch Lightening bugs and watch in a ventilated jar – Release!
- Dance party under he stars
- Just float in the pool holding your child’s hand – be with them in this moment.
- Savor the taste and mindfully eat a roasted marshmallow – yum!
In the end, it is not about accomplishing and checking off your bucket list, but slowing down and enjoying life – being present and having fun!
I wish you a fun-filled, stress-free summer enjoying the little moments this summer:)